Stately Drones flies conservatively with safety front-of-mind at all times. We meet CASA legal requirements for all flights.
There are a number of considerations to be discussed with clients before accepting commissions.
Legal & Privacy
- We cannot fly above 400 feet (about 120 metres). That's about the height of a 35-storey building!
- We cannot fly near major airports.
- We don't fly over people. Modern professional drones have multiple redundant systems so the risk of a crash is small. Nevertheless we fly to avoid potential injury to people, pets, wildlife and other aircraft, and to avoid damage to property and flora, at all times.
- We have a long list of pre-flight checks we follow prior to take-off.
- If we are unable to fly safely (winds pick up, pets are not secured etc) we will postpone the mission until another day if necessary.
Telemetry and Control
- Our remote pilots can see what the drone sees at all times via a video link.
- Additionally telemetry (ie flight data) includes the altitude, speed and direction of travel of the drone at all times.
- Our drones are designed to return to the starting point automatically if the control signal is (briefly) lost.